Tuesday, June 14, 2016

TOP TENSDAY - THE TOP TEN CAUSES OF MASS SHOOTINGS & RAPE

It's been a rough couple of weeks. Hell, it's been a rough first half of 2016.  Between the deaths of legends and innovators, the farce that has been the presidential election and gorillas being murdered for taking care of wayward children better than their actual parents, this year has been a cavalcade of tragedies and we haven't reached it's halfway point.

As vocal and opinionated as I might be, I tend to stay away from the hot button topics.  Politics, religion and abortion; the holy trinity of red flags that only the most liberal of social justice warriors and right winged of conservatives shout from atop their social media soapboxes.  Constructed of Google searches and quotes from Joe Rogan podcasts, typo riddled tweets litter our newsfeeds everyday.  I try my best to preach a message of equality and self empowerment without dipping too deeply into these shark infested waters of conversations i  an attempt to not alienate or polarize my beliefs, but in light of the recent uproar of the verdict of the Brock Turner rape charges and the mass murder in the Orlando night club, I can remain silent and impartial no longer.

Welcome to this weeks TOP TENSDAY!

#PRAYFORORLANDO

Firstly, because it is the most recent of national recognition, I must address the shootings.  In my opinion, this is an act of terrorism. Without research, I can safely say my definition of terror is enough of a basis of credentials.  In my eyes, terrorism is an act of violence directed on a group of people for their collected beliefs.  This is in my humble opinion the top ten reasons mass shootings. happen.

10. Mental Illness - Although I may not agree with every agenda of our society, I do believe that anybody that can find the wherewithal in himself to let the hatred of an entire culture drive him to walk into a public setting and open fire onto a group of unsuspecting civilians is a truly troubled individual.  Background checks and gun control reform aside, the evil of a man pushed to this state of madness is the starting point and linchpin of these acts of violence.  Suicide bombings, prisoner execution, any form of violent martyrdom for that matter is doled out by individuals far gone from any sort of social norms.  Mental illness, is not only the beginning of mass shootings, but is the driving force behind any attempt of such despicable acts of violence.

9. Mental Illness - See Definition Above.

8, Mental Illness - See Definition Above.

7, Mental Illness - See Definition Above.

6. Mental Illness - See Definition Above.

5. Mental Illness - See Definition Above.

4. Mental Illness - See Definition Above.

3. Mental Illness - See Definition Above.

2. Mental Illness - See Definition Above.

1. Mental Illness - See Definition Above.

I hope you're sensing my point because I'm laying it on pretty thick. I'm not here to debate the 2nd amendment.  I'm not here to point fingers at Muslims, ISIS or immigrants.  I'm not here to breakdown any conspiracies of how many bullets a standard clip for an assault rifle holds and the unlikelihood of the events.  I'm here to talk about what CAUSES these acts of violence, and I believe people that are deeply disturbed are the true source of such tragic events.

Do I have your attention?  Please save any and all comments and complaints for the end of the ride.  Make sure all compartments are closed and your seat and tray are in the upright positions.  We are prepared for take off into Part 2 of this weeks top ten list!

Brock Turner, 20, Insufferable Douche Bag

Brock Turner.  BROCK FUCKING TURNER.  Not since last years Asshole of the Year recipient, Martin Shkreli (I mean seriously, even his name sounds like a villain from a 90s action movie), have I seen a face more punchable.  This kid looks like he drives his dad's Porsche to the country club, running rampant, high on Adderall, buying grams of oregano from pot dealers and faking that he's high so he can score scene points from the cool kids.  This worthless piece of shit was just handed down a sentence of 6 months in county for being caught digitally raping his victim.  I would've given him 6 years in San Quentin gen pop and let natural selection work itself out, but I digress, onto the top ten list of reasons why rape happens.

10. Rapist -   Rape is caused by the rapist.  A sick and twisted individual who is so mentally inferior that their maladjusted psyche can justify forcing themselves onto an unwilling victim. Men, women, boys and girls all can wear the hat of a rapist.  In any situation where the sexual act is not consensual yet the aggressor chooses to continue without approval can be defined as rape in my eyes.  "They shouldn't have gotten black out drunk." Okay.  "Dressing in such a manner is basically asking for it."  Sure.  "Boys have no control over their hormones." Alright then.  If you believe any of these are valid defenses, or you try to justify rape in any nature I need you to do me a favor; go to your closest and busiest interstate highway, and throw yourself into fucking traffic.

9. Rapist - See Definition Above
 
8. Rapist - See Definition Above.

7. Rapist - See Definition Above.

6. Rapist - See Definition Above.

5. Rapist - See Definition Above.

4. Rapist - See Definition Above.

3. Rapist - See Definition Above.

2. Rapist - See Definition Above.

1. Rapist - See Definition Above.

Rape is caused by rapists, and I can say this as a sex crazed man who has been black out drunk enough times to count if I could actually remember any of those nights.  The difference is that when I bring a girl home, or to the bathroom of whatever random party I'm attending regardless of how belligerently black out drunk I am, I have this little thing I keep with me to help me not rape a woman; it's called a single fucking shred of human decency.

In our prison systems, the whores, thieves, malcontents and murderers view rapists as a subhuman parasite in our society.  Even among the most vile of criminals, they are considered lowlife pieces of shit, and I couldn't agree more.

No political agendas.  No finger pointing, just a small town loud mouth using his unrefined writing skills and minimal popularity as a platform to try and make the world happier one post at a time. Sadly, our world is full of intolerant people willing to go to extreme lengths to remind us how truly wretched the human condition can be.  We cannot naively believe we will put an end to the indifference and hostility as a whole, but if each and everyone of you that this article reaches can help spread a message of love and acceptance, we may be able to brighten our clouded vision of a better tomorrow.  Begin the process of positive reinforcement today.

Reese Dunlap

No comments:

Post a Comment